The spices and lime peel and juice are common ingredients in Guatemalan dessert breads.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar — packed
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp allspice, ground
- 1¼ cup bananas, 2 large — mashed
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, large
- 1½ tsp lime peel, grated
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom only of 9x5x3 loaf pan or 2 pans of 8½x4½x2½ inches.
- These last pan sizes are common for holiday bread baking.
- Mix all ingredients; beat for 30 seconds.
- Pour into pan and bake until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Large pan about 70 – 80 minutes, smaller pans 55–60 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- To store, wrap and refrigerate no longer than 1 week.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.