- ½ cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas puréed
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup cashew nuts chopped
- Cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fold in mashed bananas and flour sifted with soda and nutmeg.
- Add cashew nuts.
- Bake about 50 minutes in lined, greased cake tin.
- Beat egg whites, add sugar and rum gradually and continue beating until mixture holds a peak.
Zosha's notes Edit
The meringue is obviously part of the cake, but it doesn't say what you are supposed to do with it. I suspect that it is one of those things you are supposed to know. So here is my guess. Spread the meringue after the cake has cooked and cooled and bake a little while longer.