This fruit-based dessert is made and packed with raisins, pecans, and brandy, and enhanced with alcohol content to red-hot perfection when cooked. Almonds occasionally work for this for garnishing, too.
- 6 bananas, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 ½ cup chopped pecans, reserving 2 cups for garnishing, optional
- ½ brandy, optional
- Line bottom of heavily buttered 9x13-inch pan with half of the bananas.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and brandy and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with half of the raisins and pecans. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve hot and plain or with other desserts or fruits but top with the remaining chopped pecans, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.