This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Farrell Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 onions chopped
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds cooked chicken, de-boned
- 5 bananas sliced
- 2 apples grated
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fry onions in oil until brown then add flour and mix well.
- Add chicken stock gradually while stirring.
- Add remainder of ingredients except cream.
- Cover saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes then remove bay leaf.
- Mix in cream just before serving on a bed of rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.