- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 med fairly firm banana
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- 1 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- pinch black pepper - to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat; cook the onion until softened but not brown.
- Remove from the onion from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Thickly chop the banana (about 1 inch), place in the pan and cook for approx 1-minute tossing continuously until the banana softens slightly.
- Stir in the curry powder until the banana is coated; return the onions to the pan and cook for a further 2-minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the water and bring to the boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10-minutes stirring occasionally until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the jam.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor/bland; process on high until smooth.
- Add the yoghurt and pepper to the blender and process on low to lightly combine the mixture.
- Put the mixture in a container and refrigerate for 30-minutes.
- Before serving take the mixture from the fridge and allow to warm to room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.