- 3 – 4 firm green bananas
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime) 30ml
- 4 eggs separated
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil or olive oil for deep frying
- Peel bananas-cut lengthwise is slices ad each slice in half.
- Squeeze lime juice over bananas (drain).
- Beat egg yolks until thick and light.
- Add flour and salt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into mixture.
- Heat deep pot.
- Add fat about 1" in pot.
- Put bananas slices in butter.
- Add coated bananas slices to hot fat.
- Turn once if necessary.
- Cook until brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Use as a snack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.