Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 14 slices, each one about ½ inch thick.
Dry ingredients Edit
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Wet ingredients Edit
- Mix together whole wheat flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt, in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine mashed banana, vegetable oil and honey.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones,until just combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Batter will be rough, lumpy and stiff.
- Spread the batter evenly in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake about 45 – 50 minutes at 350°F.
- Turn out of pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
After making this,let it cool,wrap and let stand over night before cutting,to allow the flavors to blend. To store longer than 2 days, store in fridge.
Nutritional information Edit
- carbs: 16 | fat : 4 | protein: 2
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.