This quickly made bread is high on the list of nourishing foods.
- Banana-Nut Bread from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 60–75 minutes
- Serves: 16 (Makes 1 large loaf or 3 small loaves)
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium well-ripened bananas, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ - 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, or wheat germ
- Blend eggs, bananas, milk, oil, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Measure rest of ingredients into bowl and stir to mix.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in banana mixture.
- Mix just enough to moisten.
- Add nuts.
- Spread batter into well greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or three small 5x3x2-inch pans.
- Bake the bread at 350°F, about 1 hour for the large loaf and 35–45 minutes for the smaller ones.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.