Another bar cookie recipe from Womans Day Magazine
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3½ teaspoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil.
- Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat bananas and butter in large bowl.
- Beat in sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs,one at a time stir in vanilla add dry ingredients,nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan bake 40 minutes,or until top is dry to the touch cool on wire rack 15 minutes remove bar from pan (using edges of foil) cool completely in small bowl, mix powdered sugar and 2 tsp water.
- Transfer to small plastic bag in second bowl, stir in ¼ cup powdered sugar, 1½ tsp water and cocoa.
- Transfer to another bag snip one corner from each bag,drizzle both over top of bars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.