- 7 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup cake meal
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 ripe)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Beat yolks with sugar until creamy.
- Add the mashed bananas, beat well.
- Whip egg whites until stiff (in different bowl).
- Add cake meal, potato starch and salt to yolk mixture.
- Fold in egg whites into this mixture.
- Add flavoring fold in gently.
- Bake at 325 °F for an hour (more or less).
- Use an angle food cake pan.
- Cool upside down for about 30 minutes or until cooled.
- Cut in half with knife.
- Ice with real whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Top with bananas and a few walnuts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.