Makes 8 servings.
- 3 medium bananas, fully ripened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups milk
- nutmeg, sliced bananas and whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Mash bananas with fork; stir in lemon juice.
- Blend with rice in 2-quart baking dish.
- Beat eggs; add salt, Sugar, lemon peel and milk; stir into banana-rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place baking dish in larger pan; half-filled with hot water.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Chill thoroughly, at least four hours before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream and sliced bananas for garnish, if desired.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.