- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 8 pork sausages
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Bramley apples (weight 650 g)
- 15 g butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp instant gravy mix
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sausages to your liking.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pan with just enough water to cover and season with salt. Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel and quarter 2 of the apples and add to the potatoes, simmer for 5mins or until both are tender. Drain, reserving 1 pint of the cooking liquid and mash with the butter. Season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan; add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Quarter, core and grate the remaining apple add to the onions and sauté for a further 6-8mins or until tender and golden. Add the reserved cooking liquid and gravy mix and stir well until the gravy thickens. Serve the mash and gravy alongside the bangers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.