- 2 Packets Granulated yeast -- 7Gm Each
- 2 Teaspoons castor sugar
- 2/3 Cup Warm milk
- 2/3 Cup Warm water
- 3 1/3 Cups Plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 60 Grams lard
- Combine yeast, Sugar, water and milk in bowl, cover, stand in warm place about 10 minutes or until mixture is frothy.
- Sift flour and salt into large bowl, rub in lard.
- Stir in yeast mixture, mix to a soft dough, cover, stand in warm place about 1 hour or until dough is doubled in size.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead about 5 minutes or until smooth Divide dough into 8 pieces, knead into balls; place baps 5 cm apart onto floured oven trays.
- Dust lightly with a little more sifted flour, cover with a tea-towel. stand in warm place about 10 minutes or until baps are well risen.
- Dust baps again with a little sifted flour. Make an impression in the centre of each bap with finger.
- Bake in hot oven about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve hot with butter.
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.