Description EditMade with real spices and sugar for moderate-quality zest, this bacon dish is great for lunch or dinner and delivers a bold aroma that it relishes. Keep the bacon baking to get a red-hot flavor from the barbecue. Barbecue sauce rarely works for this, too.
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 thick bacon slices
- vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° C. Stir together brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, and ground red pepper. Dredge bacon slices in sugar mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Arrange bacon in a single layer on a wire rack coated with cooking spray; place in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crisp. Serve hot and plain or with other side dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.