Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 – 15 minutes
Serves: 2 (4 as an appetizer)
I can't remember where I heard of this, but it's absolutely delicious and easy!
- 1 small wheel of camembert (about 4" across)
- 2 – 3 grape leaves (enough to completely wrap your wheelette of cheese)
- olive oil
- baguette or crusty bread
- Brush both sides of cheese wheel with olive oil and sear both sides of the cheese wheel for a visual effect
- Wrap your wheel of camembert in the grape leaves
- Secure the leaves with wooden toothpicks (do NOT use plastic)
- Brush the bottom side of the package with olive oil
- Place the wrapped cheese on your hibachi or barbecue
- Cook for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted on the inside — the grape leaves conveniently keep it from making a real mess
- Serve with slices of baguette or your favourite crusty bread
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.