by user Elocina
- 1 2 1/2-3 pound boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt) or sirloin
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6-8 sandwich buns
1.Cut roast into 2-inch cubes; place in 3 1/2-4 quart slow cooker with onion and barbecue sauce, hot pepper sauce and marmalade. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours, until tender.
2.Remove pork and onions from slow cooker with slotted spoon. Shred pork and set aside. Combine cornstarch and water and add this mixture to juices in slow cooker, stirring to blend well.
3.Cover and cook on High for 1 minute; return the pork to slow cooker and heat through, on High for 10 minutes. Serve on sandwich buns.
- Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agricultural, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe