- 1 2½-3 pound boneless pork shoulder (boston butt) or sirloin
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6-8 sandwich buns
- Cut roast into 2-inch cubes; place in 3½-4 quart slow cooker with onion and barbecue sauce, hot pepper sauce and marmalade.
- Cover and cook on low for 6–8 hours, until tender.
- Remove pork and onions from slow cooker with slotted spoon.
- Shred pork and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water and add this mixture to juices in slow cooker, stirring to blend well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 minute; return the pork to slow cooker and heat through, on high for 10 minutes.
- Serve on sandwich buns.
- Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agricultural, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.