Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ lb fillet of sea bass, red snapper, flounder or similar fish, with skin cut into 4 pieces
Spice paste[edit | edit source]
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp gochu jang paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Korean sesame oil
- 1 tsp white wine or rice wine
- 2 tbsp chopped scallion
- 1 garlic clove chopped fine
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Sprinkle salt over the fish fillet of choice and let stand uncovered in the refrigerator overnight to dry out somewhat.
- Turn the pieces over once during this time.
- To prepare the spice paste, mix paste ingredients together.
- Rub the paste into the fish pieces.
- Let stand for ½ hour, then broil over charcoal or in a gas or electric oven broiler for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with rice and side dishes of your choice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.