A red-hot combination of authentic chicken, herbs, spices, and fruit juices is grilled to smoky perfection and is great for lunch or dinner, as it adds some reddish zest to the poultry and marinade.
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Barbados sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) frozen lemon juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) grated lime peel
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.5 ml) ground pepper, black or red only
For the poultry base Edit
- Stir together marinade ingredients in large bowl until well mixed. Add the chicken and onion; stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare the grill at medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade.
- Pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to boil; remove from heat.
- Grill chicken, basting frequently with marinade and turning occasionally, about 18 minutes. Chicken should be cooked thoroughly with no pink juices flowing.
- Transfer to the plates; serve with marinade.
BBQ Chicken Videos Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.