- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- 2 to 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 13¾ oz can roasted red peppers
- 9 oz vegetarian “meatballs”
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup snipped parsley for garnish
- Cook barley according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cut peppers into long strips, and add to skillet with “meatballs” and mushrooms.
- Saut8e mixture for 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked barley, and saut8e for 2 or 3 minutes more, adding 2 or 3 tablespoons water to prevent sticking if needed.
- To serve, remove from heat, and spoon mixture onto individual plates.
- Garnish each serving with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.