- 1½ cups semolina, farina or cream of wheat
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup liquid butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup plain yogurt (or canned thickened cream)
- 1 tsp pineapple flavoring or vanilla flavoring (optional)
- almonds, pistachios or cashew nuts (optional)
- In a large bowl mix the semolina, coconut and baking powder.
- Knead in the liquid butter until it is well blended.
- In a blender (or with a mixer or hand beater) blend the eggs, sugar, yogurt and flavoring.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
- Stir with a spoon until combined and pour immediately into a 9" by 13" ungreased cake pan.
- If desired, decorate the top of the batter with the nuts so that there will be one nut in the middle of each piece (which is cut when removed from the oven) or sprinkle a little coconut on top instead.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until done and nicely browned.
- Over the hot cake pour cool syrup (recipe follows).
- Allow to sit to absorb the syrup (a half an hour is good).
- Cut, eat and enjoy!.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.