Semolina cake with honey and lemon
- Peel the lemon with a potato peeler to get flat strips of peel.
- Juice the lemon.
- Bring the sugar, water, and lemon juice to a boil.
- Throw in the rind of the lemon.
- Boil until the lemon rind is hard or the mixture is a runny syrup consistency.
- Add the honey.
- Set aside while you make the basboosa.
- Mix the semolina, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add the oil and mix until all the batter is well blended.
- Grease a large cookie sheet tray (10 x 16 inches).
- Add the milk just before you are about to bake.
- Dot the mixture into the greased pan by spoonfuls.
- Level the mixture with your hand (dipped in milk).
- Shake the tray to level.
- Bake for ½ hour at 350°F.
- Cut into squares and return to the oven for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the basboosa immediately after you remove it from the oven the last time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.