- 5 eggs
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¾ cup butter / oil
- 500 g yogurt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Beat eggs and Sugar for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add oil and yogurt and mix.
- In a separate bowl sift flour and add baking powder and coconut, then add to the mixture while stirring.
- Spread mixture onto greased tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes 200 °C.
- In another saucepan, mix Sugar and lemon with water, boil until syrup thickens.
- When cake is cooked, use a fork to poke holes in the top of the cake.
- pour syrup over evenly so it soaks through.
- Cut cake into square pieces. Remove from cooking pan.
- Can be eaten warm. Can remain at room temperature in a sealed container for a day. Any longer, store in fridge. Can be served cold or reheated in microwave.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.