- 5 eggs
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup butter / oil
- 500g yogurt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of coconut
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add oil and yogurt and mix.
- In a separate bowl sift flour and add baking powder and coconut, then add to the mixture while stirring.
- Spread mixture onto greased tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes 200° Celsius.
- In another saucepan, mix sugar and lemon with water, boil until syrup thickens.
- When cake is cooked, pour syrup over evenly so it soaks through.
- Pour out into a bowl to cool and eat warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.