Simple basic use of boudain sausage to make into boudain balls.
- 2 lbs boudain sausages
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Remove boudain from casing; mix in fresh chiles.
- Shape mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball or smaller.
- Dip in beaten egg mixture and then into seasoned bread crumbs.
- I like to either use a large bowl with the bread crumbs in it and tossing 10 balls in it at a time and"tossing" to coat.
- Best to coat only as many balls as you can fry at one time; seasoning gets soggy if allowed to sit.
- Or, put bread crumbs in a large plastic bag, add balls, and"shake".
- Heat approx 1½ inch of oil in a large, heavy bottomed (cast iron is excellent) skillet.
- Deep fat fry balls at 375°F (temp may be lowered, but no lower than 345°F) until golden brown, about 10 minutes per batch.
- Drain on paper towels.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.