- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- little grated nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- First cream shortening and Sugar.
- Beat eggs and milk together and add slowly to the creamed shortening and Sugar.
- Add baking powder and half of the flour sifted together.
- Add nutmeg. Add enough more flour to make it roll easily on pastry board.
- Roll out thin and cut with cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a little granulated sugar.
- Bake in floured tin in hot oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.