- ⅓ cup lemon grass, sliced
- 4 clove garlic
- 1 tsp galangal, dried
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 jalapeño chile stemmed and seeded
- 3 shallots
- 3½ cups coconut milk
- 3 lime leaves
- 1 pinch salt or shrimp paste
- Purée together the lemon grass, garlic, galangal, turmeric, jalapeqos and shallots.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil and add the pureed ingredients, lime leaves, and salt and boil gently, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for about 30 minutes, or until lime leaves are tender and the sauce is creamy.
- Remove the leaves before serving.
- To prepare one portion, pour ½ cup of this curry sauce into a shallow vessel or a wok.
- Add ½ cup of meat or vegetables, bring to a medium boil and cook to desired degree.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.