Schnitzel is a traditional Hungarian and German cutlet.
Ingredients to make schnitzel:
- A cut of your favorite meat, preferably pork, chicken, or veal.
- Flour and cornmeal.
- 2 eggs.
- Canola oil, or some sort of frying oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Get your cut of meat ready, and use the meat tenderizer to thin the meat and make it about 1/4 inch thick, then add salt and pepper to the meat. Place cling wrap over the meat until you are ready to coat it.
- Get 3 bowls, fill one with flour, one with two eggs, and one with bread crumbs. (Make sure to put your oil in a pot now, and turn the heat up to medium.)
- Whisk the two eggs until they look like just yellow liquid.
- Remove your cling wrap from the meat.
- Dip the meat in the flour, then the eggs, then the bread crumbs thoroughly. At this point the oil should be hot enough to fry your meat and make it schnitzel. To make sure it is, drop some bread crumbs in there and see if it starts sizzling.
- Do not wait any further, put your meat inside the oil. Cook it for 2-3 minutes on each side.
You should have your schnitzel now! Enjoy!