- 2 cups of uncooked basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil
- 3½ to 4 cups of water
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- In a pan, bring to boil with the water.
- Add the soaked rice, salt, and butter.
- Cover, return to a boil.
- Cook on medium-high heat until the water level is at the top of the rice (i.e. not above it).
- Cover again, reduce the heat to low, and continue cooking until all of the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a spoon or fork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.