- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 cardamom pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a small container, soak saffron in warm milk. Wash rice.
- Soak in a bowl with 5 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in pot, put in the cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks, and stir a few times.
- Add the rice, frying and stirring about a minute.
- Add 2 1/4 cups water and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to very low, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice, pour the saffron milk in 2 or 3 streaks over the rice.
- Cover and keep cooking another for 10 minutes or until rice is done.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.