Lebanese mashed potatoes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 – 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dried spearmint
- Boil potatoes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash chopped garlic with salt into a paste; add oil and lemon juice and set aside.
- When potatoes are tender, remove them from cooking water and reserve it.
- Place potatoes in a deep bowl and mash them while they are warm.
- Mix in garlic sauce and a little water from cooking the potatoes.
- Crush dried mint between your palms over the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Served warm or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.