Mashed potatoes layered with beef
- 1 pound potatoes -- peeled,cooked,mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion -- finely chopped
- ½ pound ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium egg -- beaten
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese -- grated
- Mash potatoes with butter and salt.
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion, beef and pepper.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Butter 1 quart casserole.
- Put half of the potatoes in the bottom of the dish.
- Add the meat and cover with the balance of the potatoes. Smooth the surface.
- Cover with the beaten egg and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 350 °F oven until the surface is golden about 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.