- 3/4 lb potatoes
- 4 (chopped finely) onions medium
- 2 cups (besan) Bengal gram flour
- 4 green chillies
- A small piece ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- Sugar to taste
- Juice of one lime
- coriander leaves A few sprigs (chopped)
- oil for deep frying
- 3 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Cup of soda bi carb (baking soda)
- salt as per taste
- Boil potatoes, peel and slightly mash.
- Blend together the green chillies, garlic and ginger to a fine paste.
- Mix together the Potato, onions, ginger and garlic chilli paste, coriander leaves, Sugar, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Heat a little oil and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When the mustard crackles, remove from heat and add to the Potato mixture and mix well.
- Make a smooth batter with the Bengal gram flour, salt to taste, cumin seeds,red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add a teaspoon of hot oil when making the batter. Let the batter remain thick.
- Divide the Potato mixture into equal sized portions, the size of a lemon.
- Dip each ball in the batter and deep fry till golden brown in color.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.