Philippines has a variety of soups, among which is the La Paz Batchoy that originated in Iloilo. It is a noodle soup garnished with pork innards, crushed pork cracklings, vegetables, and topped with cracked raw egg; a truly tempting treat.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- ½" gingeroot cut into strips
- ½ cup diced cooked pork meat
- ½ cup diced pork liver
- ¼ cup diced pork kidney
- 4 cups stock used for boiling meats
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 oz misua or vermicellior fine rice noodles (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onion, minced
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil, sautégarlic, ginger and onions for two minutes.
- Add pork, liver and kidney.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add meat stock and bring to boil, season with patis, salt, and pepper.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add misua, cook 1 minute, and remove from heat.
- Garnish with green onions serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.