This is a great starter for vegetarians. It is usually served as mezzeh. Also, it is a main dish for Egyptian Copts "Christians" during their fasting. They use it as a main dish or sandwiched.
- Serves 2 as main dish, 4 as starter.
- Peel and slice eggplant. Soak in salted water to prevent discoloration.
- Heat frying oil and fry eggplant until light brown. Put on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Prepare sauce by putting vinegar and crushed garlic in a jar, close and shake well.
- You can either serve sauce on the side or poured over fried eggplant or you can also serve it with yogurt salad.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.