- 300 g (10oz) lamb chops and boneless lamb cubes
- 3 medium aubergines sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1.2 litre (2 pints) boiling water
- 3 tablespoons oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Trim and wash meat, then place in medium saucepan and cover with boiling water (meat must be completely covered). Boil for 5 minutes with lid uncovered. Drain meat and discard water.
- Slice the aubergines about 1 cm (½ inch) thick and fry using 2 tablespoons of oil until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan place 1 tablespoon of oil. Place on medium heat and fry onions and garlic until slightly brown. Add meat and fry together for 1 – 2 minutes. Pour boiling water, cover pan and boil for 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, lemon juice, salt and garam masala.
- Add the aubergines to the pan, cover and boil for 15 minutes on medium heat, then stir gently, simmer for a further 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.