Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Servings: 8
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 quart (about) Mazola™ oil (or brand of your choice)
- 4 cups fresh okra, trimmed
- In medium bowl combine corn starch, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Sir in water and egg until smooth.
- Pour oil into large skillet, filling no more than ⅓ full.
- Heat oil over medium heat to 375°F.
- Dip okra into batter (stir batter occasionally); fry a few pieces at a time, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.