- 3 doz squash blossoms
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a shaker jar, combine milk,water, sugar, flour, salt and pepper.
- Place squash blossoms in large pie tin and pour the milk-flour mixture over them.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet until a drop of water will sizzle.
- Fry the batter-coated blossoms in the hot oil
- drain on paper towels and sprinkle with paprika.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.