- ½ lb flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ tsp ammonia powder
- salt and sugar
- water to make thick consistency
- Mix all the above ingredients and put in the refrigerator for ½ hour or more. (If you do not have ammonia double the quantity for baking powder).
- This batter can be used for frying fish, chicken, shrimp or vegetables.
- For chicken, try the following:.
- In a large pot boil water with spices.
- When water begins to boil, add chicken pieces.
- When water begins to boil again, remove pot from the fire and let the chicken stand for ½ hour.
- Drain the chicken and dip in the batter to coat well.
- Deep fry the chicken.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.