This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds boneless fish fillets
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups pancake mix
- 3 cups club soda
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dip fillets in milk then lightly in flour.
- Dust off any excess flour and allow pieces to air dry on waxed paper for 5 minutes.
- Whip pancake mix with club soda to the consistency of buttermilk.
- Beat in the onion powder, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip floured fillets into batter and drop into 425°F oil in heavy frying pan using meat thermometer then brown 4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange cooked fish fillets on a cookie sheet in a 325°F oven until all fish pieces have been cooked in oil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.