This Recipe Came From an Estate Sale from The Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds small redskin potatoes, boiled just until done
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 ounces beef stock
- Cut bacon into small cubes then brown until crisp and set aside in the bacon drippings.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, chives, cucumber, salt and pepper, then add onions.
- Mix all ingredients except beef stock and bacon with its drippings.
- Then mix very gently using your hands to avoid breaking up the potatoes as much as possible.
- Add beef stock as needed to keep it moist but not swimming.
- Gently mix in bacon and drippings and let set to marinate for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve at room temperature or warmer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.