Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups navy beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 small carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sort, rinse, and soak beans; drain, rinse.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker.
- Saute onion, garlic, and Italian sausage 4 – 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently to prevent browning.
- Add carrot, celery, and sage.
- Saute, stirring frequently.
- Add beans, stock, and water.
- Stir well.
- Cover with water by 2 inches above level of beans.
- Lock lid and bring to full pressure.
- Adjust heat to maintain pressure and cook for 9 minutes.
- Remove from heat and naturally release pressure.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.