This dish can be vegetarian. Simply leave out the bacon.
- 250 g white beans
- 1 green paprika
- 1 big tomato, grated
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 big carrot, chopped
- 300 g bacon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons paprika powder
- salt and dried mint for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Boil the beans in water (just covering them) for 5 minutes then remove the pot from the heat and drain.
- Cover with fresh cold water up to ⅔ of the 'garne' .
- Cook until beans get softer.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- ↑ 'Garne' is a typical Bulgarian cooking pot made of clay.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.