- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 x 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 3 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp basil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1½ cup mixed beans (soaked) 
- 1½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cup low-fat mozzarella (grated)
- 1 egg
- 8 lasagna noodles (cooked)
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Soak beans four to eight hours.
- Cover with water in saucepan and bring beans to a boil.
- Simmer 30 - 40 minutes.
- Heat oil, saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, paprika and cooked, drained, beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella and egg.
- In a greased lasagna pan place a layer of noodles, a layer of bean mixture and a layer of cheese mixture.
- Continue, alternating noodles, beans and cheese, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 325°F.
- ↑ I use a mixture of red, pink, baby lima, white, black-eyed and mung in whatever proportion strikes my fancy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.