This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons instant beef bouillon
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 beaten egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a crock-pot combine beans, water, tomatoes, corn, carrot, onion, undrained chile peppers, bouillon, chili powder and garlic then cover and cook on low 10 hours.
- For dumplings in a small bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine egg white, milk, and oil then add to flour mixture.
- Stir with a fork just until combined.
- Turn crock-pot to high and drop the dumpling mixture from a rounded teaspoon to make about 8 dumplings on the soup.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.