This soup will take a good deal of time to make, but you wont be disappointed with this delicious soup.
- 1 lb smoked knuckle of pork
- 6 oz dried speckled beans
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 parsley root (sliced)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Soak the pork with the beans for 24 hours beforehand, to remove some of the salt.
- Cook the meat in fresh water with onion and garlic, for about 1 and half hours, until the skin is tender.
- Remove the onion and garlic and taste the stock to see if more salt should be added.
- If it is too salty, throw away some of the liquid and dilute with more water.
- Add the beans and other vegetables and simmer until they are cooked (about 1 and half hours more).
- If the soup is very greasy, let it cool down and skim the fat from the surface.
- Prepare a roux from the lard and flour, stir in the paprika, then the sour cream.
- Pour into the soup and bring to the boil.
- To serve cut the meat into pieces, put a piece in each soup plate and pour the soup over.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.