- 1 8.8-oz. package bean thread noodles
- 2 Asian Eggplants, about 1 pound, stem ends removed
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 4 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 5-oz. package tofu nuggets
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup tamarind concentrate
- 1 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped for garnish
2. Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry garlic and, when golden, remove from pan. Add 2 sliced Shallots and stir-fry until golden. Add remaining oil and heat tofu cubes through, browning slightly. Remove from heat.
3. When Eggplants are tender, remove from heat, drain and set aside to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, slice into 2-inch-long pieces.
5. Trim noodle bundle in half and add to skillet with half dressing mixture and garlic. Let noodles heat through and absorb liquid, cooking and stirring over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Remove noodles from skillet and place in serving dish. Top with tofu and Eggplant.