This spread can be served on Melba toast topped with extra chopped cilantro or as a dip with your choice of crackers or vegetable sticks.
- Bean and Potato Spread from the Pubic Health Cookbook by the Seattle and King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 medium sized Russet potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1 x 8-ounce can, mixed beans, or kidney beans, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons, plain, low fat yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Extra chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Boil potatoes in water, drain, then mash with a potato masher or fork in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the beans, garlic, lime juice and cilantro then mix well.
- Place mixture in a food processor and process for at least 30 seconds or to desired consistency.
- Place mixture back into bowl, add yogurt, salt and pepper and mix well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.