Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrot
- 12 cups boiling water
- 1 cup black-eyed peas, dry
- 1 cup dry navy beans
- ⅛ cups diced green bell pepper
- 3½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup salted, peanuts
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed basil leaves
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- Melt margarine in large stock pot.
- Add carrots.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water, black-eyed peas, navy beans, green pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper (add more water, if necessary, to cover).
- Cook, covered, until ingredients are tender, 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Add peanuts, onion powder, basil, and coriander during last 10 – 15 minutes of cooking.
- Taste to correct seasonings.
- Soup should be thick.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.