- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute, stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Set aside ¼ cup of broth.
- Stir beans and remaining of broth into onion mixture.
- Heat to boiling.
- In a small bowl, stir together reserved broth and cornstarch.
- Stir into boiling mixture and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and clear.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.